What are the benefits of having an electric front gate?
Electric gates are highly convenient. You can open and close them with the push of a button or even remotely using a smartphone app. This eliminates the need to manually open and close the gate, especially in adverse weather conditions.
One of the primary benefits of an electric front gate is improved security. You can control who enters your property by opening and closing the gate remotely. This helps prevent unauthorised access and enhances the safety of your property or business. An electric gate provides an additional layer of privacy. It can keep unwanted visitors, solicitors, or strangers from approaching your property, giving you peace of mind.
Can I get automatic metal driveway gates?
Automatic metal gates are a popular choice for driveways due to their durability, security features, and aesthetic appeal. These gates can be customized to suit your specific preferences and needs. Metal gates can be made from various materials, including steel, wrought iron, aluminium, and others. The choice of material will impact factors like durability, weight, and appearance. Steel and wrought iron are known for their strength and durability.
You can choose from a wide range of designs and styles to match the aesthetics of your property. Metal gates can be ornate and decorative or simple and modern, depending on your taste. To make your metal driveway gate automatic, you’ll need to install an automation system. This includes a gate opener, access control system (such as a keypad, remote control, or smartphone app), safety sensors, and possibly intercom or video surveillance features.
What are the different types of driveway gate systems?
There are several different types of driveway gate systems available, each with its own characteristics, operation method, and suitability for specific needs. Here are some of the most common types of driveway gate systems:
- Swing Gates:
- Single Swing Gate: This is a single gate that swings open or closed like a door. It’s suitable for smaller driveways.
- Double Swing Gate: Two gates that swing open and close together, usually meeting at the center. Double swing gates are suitable for larger driveways.
- Slide Gates:
- Single Slide Gate: A single gate that slides horizontally to open and close. It’s ideal for properties with limited space on either side of the driveway.
- Double Slide Gate: Two gates that slide apart to open the driveway entrance. Double slide gates are commonly used for wider driveways.
- Access Control Systems:
- Access control systems can be integrated with various types of driveway gates to manage entry and exit. These systems include keypads, remote controls, card readers, smartphone apps, intercoms, and more.
Can I get wooden driveway gates?
Wooden driveway gates are a popular choice for homeowners who appreciate the natural beauty of wood and want to add a warm, rustic, or traditional aesthetic to their property. There are various types of wood to choose from for your driveway gates. Common options include cedar, redwood, pine, oak, and mahogany. Each type of wood has its own characteristics in terms of appearance, durability, and resistance to weathering.
Wooden gates can be equipped with a motor to make them automatic. This includes gate openers, access control mechanisms, safety sensors, and remote control options. Wooden driveway gates can be customized to match your desired style and aesthetic preferences. You can choose from a wide range of designs, from simple and functional to ornate and decorative. The design can include elements like carvings, lattice work, or custom patterns.
Will electric gates work during power-cut?
Most electric gates rely on electrical power to operate, so they typically won’t work during a power outage or power cut unless they have a backup power source or manual override system in place. Some electric gate systems are equipped with backup battery systems. These batteries automatically engage during a power outage, allowing the gate to continue functioning for a limited period. The duration of backup power can vary depending on the size of the gate and the capacity of the battery. When power is restored, the battery is recharged.
Many electric gates have manual release mechanisms that allow you to manually open and close the gate in the event of a power outage. This is typically done with a key or a special tool provided with the gate system. It’s important to familiarise yourself with the manual release procedure and keep the necessary tools or keys accessible.
Are electric sliding or swing gates better for driveways?
Whether electric sliding gates or swing gates are better for driveways depends on various factors, including your specific needs, the characteristics of your driveway, available space, and personal preferences.
- Electric Sliding Gates:
- Space-Saving: Sliding gates slide horizontally along a track, making them an excellent choice when space on either side of the driveway is limited. They don’t require the same clearance as swing gates.
- Slope and Uneven Terrain: Sliding gates can work well on sloped or uneven driveways, as they can be adapted to the terrain without the need for leveling.
- Security: Sliding gates can provide a high level of security, as they are often more challenging to force open compared to swing gates.
- Automation: Sliding gates are often easier to automate because they move along a single track. This makes them suitable for integration with gate openers and access control systems.
- Aesthetics: Swing gates can be more aesthetically pleasing for some homeowners, as they often have a classic and elegant appearance. They can be customized with decorative elements.
- Wider Driveways: Swing gates are a good choice for wider driveways where there is ample clearance on either side for the gates to swing open.
- Power Outages: Swing gates can be manually operated in the event of a power outage, whereas sliding gates may require a bit more effort to move manually.
- Cost: Swing gates are often less expensive than sliding gates, making them a budget-friendly option.
Choosing the right electric driveway gates?
Gatedoctors is an electric gate company on hand to assist you in choosing the right electric gates and gate designs to suit all requirements and preferences. It’s important to consider various factors before arranging a gate installation. There is a wide range of residential gates.
Electronic gates or automatic gates come with a variety of features, motors and installations to create ease of function and increased security. Automated gates will open as a vehicle approaches without a code or button having to be pressed. Remote control gates will only open if a code is entered or a button on a control pad is activated.