Where can I find electric gate repairs Surrey?
Those searching for both manual and electric gate repairs, servicing and maintenance in Surrey can find the assistance of Gatedoctors. Servicing Guildford and other areas of Surrey, their dedicated team has the knowledge and experience to provide maintenance, repairs and general servicing that your gates may require.
Are gate automation systems for driveway gates expensive in Surrey?
The cost of a gate automation system for driveway gates in Surrey, UK can vary depending on a number of factors, including the type of gate, the size of the gate, and the complexity of the installation. Generally, the cost can range from a few hundred to several thousand pounds.
For a basic swing gate system, the cost may start at around £500-£1000. However, for more complex systems or for larger gates, the cost can be significantly higher, ranging from £2000 to £5000 or more.
How do I know when I need to get my electric gates repaired?
Manual and electric gate repairs are important to maintain the functionality and security of your gate system.
- If your electric gate is not opening or closing, check the power supply to ensure that the gate is receiving electricity. You may also need to check the gate’s control or circuit board for damage or malfunction.
- If the gate opener is making strange noises or vibrating excessively, you may need to inspect the gate opener’s motor or gearbox for damage or wear and tear.
- If the gate opener’s remote control is not working, you may need to replace the batteries or reprogram the remote control.
Are electric gates the same as automatic gates?
Electric gates and automatic gates are not exactly the same things, but they are often used interchangeably. Electric gates are gates that are powered by electricity, typically using an electric motor to open and close the gate. These gates can be operated manually, with remote control, or through an access control system, such as a keypad or card reader.
On the other hand, automatic gates are designed to open and close automatically, typically using an electric motor or hydraulic system. These gates can be activated by a variety of methods, such as remote controls, sensors, or access control systems.
How long does an electric gate installation take in Surrey?
The time it takes to install an electric gate in Surrey can vary depending on several factors, such as the size and complexity of the gate, the type of installation required, and the site conditions. In general, the installation process can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.
For a simple installation of electric gates on a flat, level surface with easy access to power and wiring, the installation can take a few days. However, more complex installations, such as gates that require custom fabrication, significant groundwork, or installation on an incline or uneven surface, can take longer.
How do you open electric gates during a power cut in Surrey?
If you have an electric gate installed on your property in Surrey, and there is a power cut, you may be wondering how to open the gate without electricity. Here are a few options:
- Battery Backup: Some gate automation systems come with battery backup in Guildford, which allows the gate to continue operating even when there is a power outage. If your gate has a battery backup, you should be able to use the gate as normal during a power cut.
- Manual Release: Most electric gates have a manual release mechanism, which allows you to open the gate manually in the event of a power cut. The manual release may be located on the motor or the control box of the gate, and can be operated with a key or a lever. You will need to consult your gate’s instruction manual to locate the manual release and to learn how to operate it.
Are there different electric gate systems?
Yes, there are various types of electric gate systems available on the market, each with their own unique features and benefits. Here are some of the most common types of electric gate systems:
- Swing Gates: These gates swing open and closed like traditional gates, but are powered by an electric motor. They are suitable for residential or commercial properties with a wide driveway entrance.
- Sliding Gates: These gates slide open and closed horizontally, making them ideal for properties with limited space. They can be used for residential or commercial properties, such as apartment complexes or industrial buildings.
- Barrier Gates: These gates are typically used in parking lots, toll booths, or other areas where access control is required. They consist of a barrier arm that rises and falls to allow or restrict access.
Are metal gates better than wooden gates in Surrey?
There is no clear answer to whether metal gates are better than wooden gates, as it largely depends on the specific needs and preferences of the individual. Here are some factors to consider when choosing between metal and wooden gates:
- Durability: Metal gates are generally more durable and can withstand harsh weather conditions better than wooden gates. They are also less susceptible to rot, warping, and insect damage.
- Maintenance: Wooden gates require regular maintenance, such as staining, painting, and sealing, to prevent them from deteriorating. Metal gates, on the other hand, require little to no maintenance.
- Appearance: Timber gates can be customized to fit any style, whereas metal gates typically have a more modern, industrial look. The natural beauty of wood may also be more appealing to some individuals and suit the aesthetics of each home.
- Security: Metal gates provide better security, as they are stronger and more difficult to break through than wooden gates. An automatic gate system is a popular choice in Guildford and Surrey for those with driveway gates.