What are Electric Gates?
Electric or automatic gates are automated gate systems powered by an electric motor and controlled by a remote, keypad, or other automation means. They are used to control access to a property, whether it’s a residential home or a commercial building. Automatic gates come in various styles and materials, from electric wooden gates to metal gates, and can be customized to match the property’s aesthetic.
The electric motor used to power the entrance is typically installed either above or below ground, depending on the type of automatic gates. Above-ground motors are more visible, while underground motors are hidden and take up less space. The motor is connected to the entrance through a series of gears and a control board, which allows it to open and close the door.
Custom electric gates Horsham are also available, which allows customers to design an automatic gate that is unique to their property and meets their specific needs and requirements. When considering an electric gate installation, it’s essential to consider factors such as the size and weight of the automatic gates, the type of driveway, and its intended use. Choosing a reputable supplier and installer, such as Gatedoctor electric gate installers, is also essential, as a poorly installed gate can be dangerous.
Various Types of Electric Gates Horsham are available.
Several different types are available on the market. These include:
- Swing: These are the most traditional type and are ideal for residential properties. They are available in various materials, including wooden gates, steel, and aluminium gates, and can be automated using multiple motors and control systems.
- Sliding: These are ideal for properties with limited space, as they slide along a track rather than swinging open. They are available in various materials, including wood, steel, and aluminium, and can be automated using multiple motors and control systems.
- Bi-folding is becoming increasingly popular in Horsham, as they offer a space-saving solution for properties with limited space. Several panels fold in on themselves, allowing the gate to open and close compactly. They are available in various materials, including wood, steel, and aluminium, and can be automated using multiple motors and control systems.
- Cantilever: These are ideal for sloping driveways or uneven ground properties. They use a cantilever system, which allows the entrance to slide along a track without needing a ground track. They are available in various materials, including steel and aluminium, and can be automated using multiple motors and control systems.
- Barriers are typically used in commercial or industrial settings, such as car parks or gated communities. They consist of a barrier arm that rises and lowers to allow vehicles to enter and exit the property. They can be automated using a variety of different motors and control systems.
- Custom: Besides the standard types of Sussex electric gates, Gatedoctors in Horsham also offer custom solutions. This allows customers to design an entrance that is unique to their property and meets their specific needs and requirements.
In terms of automation options, there are various types of electric motors available, including:
- Underground motors: These motors are installed underground and are suitable for swing and sliding gates.
- Above-ground motors: These motors are installed above ground and are suitable for swing and sliding entrances.
- Rack and pinion motors are suitable for bi-folding and cantilever entrances.
- Linear motors: are suitable for barrier entrances.
In terms of security, it’s also essential to choose a gate with a robust locking mechanism and to consider additional security features such as CCTV or access control systems.
In conclusion, various electric entrances are available in Horsham’s market. These include swing and sliding gates, bi-folding, cantilever gates, barriers and custom gates. It’s essential to consider factors such as the size and weight of the gate, the type of driveway, and the intended use of the gate when choosing an electric entrance. Choosing a reputable supplier and installer is also essential such as GateDoctor Sussex electric gates, as a poorly installed gate can be dangerous for security.
The Advantages of Electric Gates
Electric gates offer a range of benefits for both residential and commercial West Sussex properties. Some of the main benefits include:
- Security: Entrances provide an extra layer of protection for your property, as they can be locked and unlocked remotely or via a keypad. They also prevent unwanted visitors from entering the property and can deter potential burglars.
- Convenience: Entrances are incredibly convenient, as they can be opened and closed with the touch of a button. This eliminates the need to get out of your car to open the gate manually, especially during inclement weather or at night. Additionally, some entrances have automatic opening and closing features, which can be triggered by a remote control or the car’s driver.
- Increased Property Value: entrances can add value to your property, as they are perceived as a luxury feature. They can also increase your home’s curb appeal, making it more attractive to potential buyers.
- Safety: The entrance protects your property, preventing children and pets from leaving the property unsupervised. They also prevent strangers from entering the property and potentially causing harm.
- Privacy: Entrances provide privacy for your property, preventing strangers from seeing inside your home or garden. This is particularly useful for those who value their privacy and want to protect their property from prying eyes.
- Energy Efficiency: Entrancec can be equipped with solar panels to generate energy, which can be used to power and reduce energy costs.
- Low Maintenance: Entrances require minimal maintenance, as they have few moving parts and are not exposed to the elements. They are also built to withstand the elements, which means they can last many years without needing to be replaced.
- Customization: Electric entrances can suit your specific needs and preferences. They can be made in a wide variety of materials, such as wood, steel, and aluminium, and can be designed to match the style of your home or business.
- Access Control: The entrance can be integrated with access control systems such as keypads, intercoms, and card readers. This allows you to control who has access to your property and to monitor who is entering and leaving.
- Automation: Entrances can be integrated with home automation systems, allowing you to control them remotely via your smartphone or tablet. This will enable you to open and close the entrance remotely, even when you are away from home.
In conclusion, GateDoctor, electric gates West Sussex offer a range of benefits for residential and commercial properties. Some main benefits include security, convenience, increased property value, safety, privacy, energy efficiency, low maintenance, customization, access control, and automation. Electric gates can greatly value your property and enhance overall security and privacy. Choosing a reputable supplier and installer such as GateDoctor is essential to ensure your electric gate’s proper installation and safety. Thank you for reading, and don’t forget to shut the gate!